Monday 10 October 2011

Storyboard


After lots of primary and secondary research I have finally put together a storyboard which I will refer to when shooting and evaluating my music video. The main synopsis of the music video will focus on a guy who has just broke up from his girlfriend. He goes home after a very bad day and doesn't realise that his thernistad is turned up high (hint the song heat). He then goes to sleep where he starts having weird dreams of his ex-girlfriend who seems to be everywhere he goes. This all basically ends with him waking up and rushing down stairs to turn the thermistad down. In the storyboard I decided to stick with the idea of a boy/girl love narrative because the feedback from my questionaire told me that the audience prefered this in Electropop music videos. I also decided to have someone miming the lyrics during the chorus like in the Nero song because I feel the lyrics are important and need to be understood to fully understand the music video.
With regard to speical effects I have decided to use fade outs when switching from the artist singing the lyrics to the scene where the man is dreaming because I feel it shows a clear cutting point so the audience know what is happening. I am also going to try and incorperate a split screen when the man is being stalked by his ex at certain points so on one side we will see him walking with no one behind him and on the other side we will.




No comments:

Post a Comment