Friday 23 September 2011

Audience Research Q&A

Today I carried out some audience research on what people would expect to see in a music video and more importantly what people would like to see In a music video.


After reading the responses from friends and family I learnt that most people would like to see a narrative based electropop video and that people found props and positioning of characters the most usefull techniques for making an electropop music video. I was expecting these results since they are used in most modern electropop videos today. However what surprised me was the answer to question 7 which was given a near identical answer by both male and female genders. Q7: In the past few years most electropop videos have had a love story narrative particulary focused on an attractive woman. Do you think this makes the video better?  Give a reason.

The majority of the people said yes because that when they listen to electropop music they think of erotic images. The girls who answered the questionaire also said that they like a preety girl on the video because it makes them think wow thats the girl I want to be like. This explains why artists like Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry have been doing well recently because they are considered Idols by girls. I will keep in mind these results and use them to plan my storyboard.




No comments:

Post a Comment