Monday 12 September 2011

Music Genre Choice Electropop

After a wonderful summer holiday in Canada it's back to media coursework.... fun fun. I have chosen to make a music video out of the electropop genre because I think that people who listen to electropop music tend to ignore music videos because they all look the same and therefore I think it would be interesting to create something different. In addition, I noticed that a lot of other yr13 groups who are making music videos have chose to do indie/alternative bands because it is easier since you can have the video performance based for 50% or more of the video. Whereas in a electropop video all the music is made is the studio which means that if you filmed the video performance based it wouldn't look as effective since music studios are rather plain and doesn't give the same experience as if you were performing to a big crowd. This means that I will be making the video narrative/concept based which is harder because I have to listen to the lyrics and make a story that will follow them for the whole video.

My next step will be to analyse some famous electropop artists and find out what makes their videos so effective that millions of people watch them on sites like youtube. Some artists I have in mind are David Guetta, Nero, Basshunter, DJ Tiesto and Kid Cudi.


No comments:

Post a Comment